Pageviews from the past week

Sunday 12 June 2011

Imaginings

Today presented me with a public holiday, beautiful weather and an opportunity to run at my favorite course, Princes Park in inner north Melbourne. I have now gotten to a point where I'm managing a run every other day and the soreness in my calves seems to now be recovering quicker. I'm hopeful that at this rate I'll soon be able to run on consecutive days. For now my early training for the Melbourne Marathon 5 k is 4 days per week. So far the furthest I've been is 6.21km in 35 minutes at today's fartlek session. My long runs will eventually build to 90 minutes and that's pretty hard to imagine, but I know that a month ago I was finding hard to imagine I could run what I ran today. When I have a chance I'll be less lazy and link some of the references I make in my posts, just in case anyone is reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment