Pageviews from the past week

Wednesday 13 April 2011

The plan...maybe

I have been experiencing a little tenderness in my left foot, specifically on the Extensor digitorum brevis muscle so I’ve taken it a little easier and used some anti-inflammatories and appears to have calmed down. The research I’ve done seems to indicate that it can be treated with rest and making sure that I am not striking to far forward with my foot. I need to really emphasise that mid-foot landing.


I’m really feeling stifled at work today, physically stifled I mean. Maybe I need to take my jacket off, but then if I do I get cold again.

So tonight is my usual gym routine and a five minute jog. I have just mapped out my base training until the end of October this year. I think I have decided that I am not entering any races this year. The plan is that at the end of October, I’ll choose a goal race and start a dedicated program for it. Between now and October, my focus is simply increasing time run by 10 % each week. If all goes to plan, by October I’ll be running 6 days a week with a 2 hour long run. No speed work until I’ve reached this stage as I am literally taking a complete beginner’s starting point. Of course this is all dependent on my knee continuing its self-healing and I have no idea what I will do if the opportunity for surgery presents itself in the meantime.

No comments:

Post a Comment