Pageviews from the past week

Tuesday 19 April 2011

One step forward, two steps back

This morning I had a scheduled 6 minute run at the gym, on the treadmill. I wore my VFFs and set of knowing that the tenderness on the top of my left foot hadn’t completely gone. By the end of the run the pain was more noticeable so I needed to make a decision about what to do next. I don’t want this to turn into a stress fracture and I am going to be even more conservative than I have been during my transition.


Tomorrow I have a day off and the next day I am planning an 8 minute run, but going back to my regular running shoes with orthotics. I mainly want to see if this alleviates the pain. If it does, then I’ll wait until the pain is gone and try a barefoot run again. I’m hoping it is just the muscles and tendons needing time to recover and adapt. One step forward, two steps back.

No comments:

Post a Comment