Pageviews from the past week

Sunday 3 April 2011

Mmm....interesting

I've been using the Merrell Barefoot app that I downloaded from I-tunes. Basically it's a program designed to prepare you to become a barefoot runner. Today's schedule called for a 5 minute run and I was worried about how it would go. Expecting pain right from the get go, i started tentatively and soon found that their was none. Without the pain, I could focus on my footstrike and everything felt good. By the end of the 5 minutes a little pain set in, but this was still promising for me as I haven't run continuously for 5 minutes since February. Now as I write this, i'm not in debilitating pain or limping around. I will definitely stick to daily doses of glucosamine and listening to my body. Who knows what might happen but I am going to risk it.

No comments:

Post a Comment